The first few weeks were overwhelming and gratifying. In the very beginning Jocelyn was so sleepy that we could hardly get her to eat. It was extremely frustrating for me. Most people I knew dealt with babies who wouldn't sleep and were constantly eating. I had the opposite. It was torture trying to get her to eat. She would instantly fall asleep. We would have to undress her, put a cold washcloth on her, or keep tapping her cheek so she would eat. Someone called her a "Gourmet Eater". She would graze, take a few sips, fall asleep, a few more sips. We were waking her up to eat. While other friends weren't getting enough sleep.
And not a lot of people felt any sympathy for our situation. With all the hormones out of whack, I would cry at the drop of a hat. Early on I pumped and fed her the bottle, which was double the work, but it worked. I knew feedings were hard, but I had no idea how difficult it would be. I am leaving out a lot of details - but in the beginning it was REALLY, REALLY hard!!!!
Within a few weeks, this quickly changed. She started eating and Todd and I felt more comfortable with her weight. She slept through the night very early on. We were definitely lucky.
I never thought I would know or ask so much about poop! Tracking when and description - it's insane and funny at the same time. We had a few blowouts early on. With some discretion, one night in particular it was a never ending - 4 diaper 2 person event! Todd and I were both in disbelief and hysterics at the same time. How could someone so tiny and delicate do something so explosive!?!
And not a lot of people felt any sympathy for our situation. With all the hormones out of whack, I would cry at the drop of a hat. Early on I pumped and fed her the bottle, which was double the work, but it worked. I knew feedings were hard, but I had no idea how difficult it would be. I am leaving out a lot of details - but in the beginning it was REALLY, REALLY hard!!!!
Within a few weeks, this quickly changed. She started eating and Todd and I felt more comfortable with her weight. She slept through the night very early on. We were definitely lucky.
I never thought I would know or ask so much about poop! Tracking when and description - it's insane and funny at the same time. We had a few blowouts early on. With some discretion, one night in particular it was a never ending - 4 diaper 2 person event! Todd and I were both in disbelief and hysterics at the same time. How could someone so tiny and delicate do something so explosive!?!
At week 6, Todd went to London for a business trip. And Aunt Heidi took vacation and stayed with us. She was a HUGE help! And Aunt Casey came over and we had a sleep over one night. It was special being with my sisters and spend time with Jocelyn. We laughed a lot and dressed Jossie in so many outfits and had so many photo sessions, it's surprising she can still see from all the flahes!
No comments:
Post a Comment